Woman Blames 15-Year-Old's Death on Cookie Packaging

A mom says her 15 year old daughter was at a friends house and had a cookie.  The label was pulled back and she didn't see they were Reese's cookies.  Her daughter is allergic to peanuts. Almost immediately she went into anaphylactic shock., despite receiving two eppi pens.  She died an hour and a half after eating the cookie.  The mother who wants to spread awareness says: "a small added indication on the pulled back flap on a familiar red package wasn't enough to call out to her that there was 'peanut product' in the cookies before it was too late."   People on social media are sharing her story and have asked the company to sell foods with allergens in different-colored packages. The company says it uses colors to distinguish chewy from chunky, and describes ingredients in prominent labels.  "We take allergens very seriously," the company said in a statement, adding that the packaging for chewy cookies made with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups "clearly shows that it contains peanuts through words and visuals."

 
Big Mad Morning Show

Big Mad Morning Show

Want to know more about Big Mad Morning Show? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 97.5 KMOD! Read more

title

Content Goes Here