For decades, the go-to form of sexual protection for dudes has been the condom. And let’s face it - even though that little dong-balloon has been the best way to avoid becoming a dad too soon or keep from catching something gross…they suck. And there are still guys who are willing to risk it all for more convenience and “sensitivity.” Sound like you? Here are some ideas that might help you be more open to good times in rubber-land:
- Fit – We’ve all seen videos of people putting condoms over the heads and arms, but that doesn’t do much to help the guys who aren’t as generously endowed. To prevent slippage, which is a problem for many, getting a ring to put over and keep it in place should do the trick. It’s even better if you get a vibrating one.
- Irritation – While not common, a latex allergy can be a problem. Going the lambskin or polyisoprene route should help. Also, there could be a lube issue going on, so looking for products that are hypoallergenic will do the trick.
- Sensitivity – A lack of sensation is a common complaint, especially when the condom is tight-fitting. A few drops of water-based lube in the tip should help things get moving around in a way that’s more satisfying.
- Breaking – The most common reasons for breaking condoms are poor storage and oil-based lubes. Storing your jimmies anywhere there might be excessive heat can break down the latex. That includes your wallet. And check expiration dates, too. They exist for a reason. And one other thing – when it comes to lubes and condoms, stick with water-based. Oil and latex don’t play well together.
- Shopping – Don’t settle on just one brand. Try a few out and decide which one works best for you…and your boo.