Woman’s allergic reaction to hair dye causes head to swell

A woman identified only as Estelle suffered a near fatal allergic reaction to a chemical often found in darker-colored hair dyes. The woman said she had a “light bulb head” after a chemical in the dye called Paraphenylenediamine (PPD) caused the reaction. She said she tested a small amount on her scalp and immediately became irritated after application, and then the swelling started. She took an antihistamine and went to bed. When she woke up, her head swelled to 24.8 inches, rather than the normal 22 inches and her tongue was swollen. She went to the emergency room, where she was given a shot of adrenaline, and stayed overnight at the hospital. She has since recovered and the swelling has gone down. 

Click Here For More Story

Big Mad Morning Show

Big Mad Morning Show

Want to know more about Big Mad Morning Show? Get their official bio, social pages & articles on 97.5 KMOD! Read more

title

Content Goes Here