Doctors Save Man by Giving Him 15 Beers

A man had 1000 times the legal limit in his system.  Doctors transfused one can a beer an hour to save his life.  Apparently, the man was drinking methanol, and the beer help slow down the methanol from being processed.  Methanol is an alcohol that is found in bootlegging alcohol, cleaning products, paints, thinners, antifreeze, and so on. This dangerous substance gets metabolized by an enzyme in the body and converted into formaldehyde, a toxic compound that gets turned into formic acid; together, these substances cause methanol poisoning, which can blind or even kill you.

Read more below.

97.5 KMOD · Tulsa's Rock Station

Listen Now on iHeartRadio

outbrain pixel