Man Suffers Organ Failure After Magic Mushroom Injection


A newly released study describes how a man almost died from injecting magic mushrooms into his blood. The medical journal report says a 30-year-old Nebraska man was brought into a hospital emergency room confused, nauseous, jaundiced, with diarrhea and vomiting blood. Following several test results, doctors determined that the man was going into organ failure as fungi were invading his liver and kidneys. It was discovered that the man, who was manic and depressed, turned to the use of magic mushrooms to treat his addiction to opioids. Instead of consuming a tea mix, he injected it, causing actual fungus to develop in his blood supply. After three weeks on a ventilator and antibiotics, the man recovered and was released to his family.