Americans Agree – Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Their Favorite
Thursday was National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day, and it seems there’s good reason the chocolate chip cookie is celebrated since most people agree it is the best cookie out there.
A new survey by Crumbl cookies finds:
- Chocolate Chip Cookies is by far Americans favorite, with 62% of Americans saying there’s nothing better.
- 35% say the chocolate chip cookie is their favorite flavor.
- But there are some who like other cookies, including:
- Peanut butter (28%)
- Brownie/double chocolate (25%)
- Oatmeal raisin (23%)
- Shortbread (23%)
When it comes to cookies, the average person will eat 21 a month as an adult.
- 24% say they’ll eat even more than that.
Now there are lots of different ways chocolate chip cookies can be made, but the majority of folks say the perfect chocolate chip cookie is a fresh-baked and chewy one, made with brown sugar.
And it sounds like lots of people love making their own chocolate chip cookies.
- 40% of Americans say their baking skills are so good they could become a professional baker.
- 82% of Americans say they love baking their own cookies.
- Half bake their own cookies at least once a month.
- 64% say they are “confident” they can make the “perfect” cookie.
- Although it takes five tries before they master that perfect cookie.